THE BLACK HOUSE - PAGE 21
Cuz sometimes I write about writing. And sometimes I write. Here's a tiny piece of the latter
- INT. BLACK HOUSE - OPS ROOM - DAY
- Mission control. Big screens and monitors. A couple of rows of computer stations and CONTROL OFFICERS. All overseen by JENNIFER VAN RIJN (mid-thirties, hair tied up in a loose pony tail that says she’s been on duty too damn long, dressed in gear similar to Mister Jordan’s).
- Get the remote viewer and see if she can lock onto his aura.
- (dumps her head into her palm)
- Ohmigod, did I just say “aura?”
- Ben enters, flanked by Mister Jordan and a curious Danni.
- What have we got, Jennifer?
- What you have is a trained, former CIA officer talking like some kind of new age conspiracy nut and rediscovering her sense of self-loathing. Thanks for that, by the way.
- (gestures to the monitors)
- What I have is Sayf al-Haque. One of our cats spotted him at a truck stop near Minneapolis-St.Paul about ten minutes ago.
- Danni steps toward Mister Jordan, who keeps his eye on the situation monitors.
- (whispers to Jordan)
- She said cats. That’s not, like, an acronym is it?
- Mister Jordan shakes his head, though with a disdainful sneer.